Flowers at St James Park. Okay, I’m in an Internet café, again, and the damn keyboard has many of the letters on it worn right off. I’m at Euston Station and I’ve just purchased my ticket for the train and ferry to the Emerald Isle. I spent my day yesterday revisiting some of the sites and places that I’d photographed on the first few days here and retook some pictures. I got some better ones, but with the week end crowns all around I didn’t, for the most, part get many that were better.
Remaining true to form, that last minute, on the fly type of guy, I’ve not yet called the hostel in Dublin to confirm that I’m coming, which I must do by 3:00 PM or loose the reservation. I guess that I’ll call from Holyhead. The train to Holyhead leaves Euston Station at 9:00 A.M, the ferry doesn’t leave Holyhead til 2:00 PM and the crossing is 3 hrs. that puts me in Dublin at 6:00 PM. The Hostel is 13km outside of Dublin, how I’ll get there is still a mystery. Yeah, so away we go, with half a plan once again. I’m still having a blast, talking to folks, taking pictures and learning stuff about this country, this continent, about travelling alone. The lack of a language barrier helped; though I met a guy from Yorkshire, spoke to him for about ten minutes and nary understood a word he said.
On the return trip from Ireland (when ever, wed or thurs I guess) I will go down to Liverpool for the day, before I take the train back to London. With that, I’m off
Remaining true to form, that last minute, on the fly type of guy, I’ve not yet called the hostel in Dublin to confirm that I’m coming, which I must do by 3:00 PM or loose the reservation. I guess that I’ll call from Holyhead. The train to Holyhead leaves Euston Station at 9:00 A.M, the ferry doesn’t leave Holyhead til 2:00 PM and the crossing is 3 hrs. that puts me in Dublin at 6:00 PM. The Hostel is 13km outside of Dublin, how I’ll get there is still a mystery. Yeah, so away we go, with half a plan once again. I’m still having a blast, talking to folks, taking pictures and learning stuff about this country, this continent, about travelling alone. The lack of a language barrier helped; though I met a guy from Yorkshire, spoke to him for about ten minutes and nary understood a word he said.
On the return trip from Ireland (when ever, wed or thurs I guess) I will go down to Liverpool for the day, before I take the train back to London. With that, I’m off
No comments:
Post a Comment