This morning I bought a 1-3 zone underground (subway) pass, which allows me unlimited travel whithin the three inner city zones. This morning at 6:00 a.m. I took the Northern Line tube (underground subway) from the hostel at Hendon Central, to Kings Cross, which is almost inner city London, where I switched to the Victoria line. I got off at Green Garden, I've been walking ever since . It's 5:30p.m. now and I'm quite tired.
I just roamed and wandered, and ended up seeing Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abby, Big Ben, the House of Parliment and many of the other historic and tourist spots. So far my walk through St. James Park, and the "take away" meal I got from Harrods deli were the two best experiences.
The park is so beautiful; lots of water, trees, plants and flowers, which are in full bloom right now, and I couldn't believe all of the different speicies of water fowl and other birds that live in the park. Sorry, but St. James Park makes Central Park look like Archie Bunker's back yard, there's just no comparrison.
I ambled down Sloan St and, just by chance, I stubled into a back door of Harrods. I was going to go to a noodle house that I got a discount card for(£2.50 all you can eat.), but I was starving and couldn't wait any longer to eat.
So, from Harrods multi cuisine deli, I got a slice of Game Pie, which consisted of venison, pheasant, lamb, kidney, potatoe, spices and other ingrediants. I also got a Scottish Egg, which is a HARD BOILED egg with a coating of mashed potatoes, bits of lamb, theN it's breaded and fried. Both of these were delicious to the max. Whoever started the rumor that Brit food was plain and boring, obviously never explored beyond bangers 'n mash.
I lost my USB interface cable for my camera, thus, no photo here. I'm going to replace it, or get a SD card reader, or just text it from here on. I'm having too wonderful a time to worry about it, or anything else. Oh I found a hostel bed (8 man dorm) for tomorrow night, after that it don't look good. Weekends are real tough, if you've not called ahead and reserved. Later, Kevin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment